Friday, December 11, 2009

Updates for December 11th, 2009

Hey everyone! Just some updates for the future!

1. My goal is to have the Being There review done for the 16th of December. Real life has delayed my re-watching of the film, so I need to do that first.

2. My next planned review of a recent film will be James Cameron's Avatar if all goes to plan. Sadly, some of films I was hoping to see have not been playing around here, so I am kind of stuck waiting for DVD/Blu-Ray for those.

3. With Russell T. Davis and David Tennant's era of Doctor Who coming to an end on January 1st 2010, I've decided to review the three film endeavors of the Doctor in celebration: Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965), Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD (1967), and the 1996 TV film Doctor Who. The first two are cinema adaptations of two stories from first Doctor William Hartnell's era, with Peter Cushing playing the Doctor in the adaptations. The 1996 film is an in canon film that introduced Paul McGann as the 8th official Doctor and was intended as a back door pilot to relaunch the series with American funding. Below you will find the official trailer for Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD and a short, cheesy behind the scenes feature that originally aired to promote the TV film on (of all places) the Fox network. Let us be thankful the series never went to air and we instead managed to get the Russell T Davis official continuation, as I could only imagine Fox finding a way to ruin Doctor Who.





All I need is for my DVDs of the films to come in!

4. Last, but not least: in January, I will be doing a series of reviews looking back over all eleven Star Trek films. Hope everyone will enjoy!


And don't forget, the adventures of the Eleventh Doctor under the guidence of Steven Moffat start in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Your Cinematic Experience? Post Here!